Job Description (Lead DevOps Engineer) [Build and Release]
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
This is a hands-on DevOps Lead role, reporting through the software organization to support mission-critical services, systems and infrastructure tailored for building and releasing Lumin OS, Lumin SDK, and Applications. In this position, you will be a leader in an experienced team of Devops Engineers architecting, deploying, provisioning, and supporting Magic Leap’s software ecosystems in a hybrid environment consisting of cloud and on-premises systems. You will help to choose and deploy open-source and proprietary tools and technologies to build and support high availability systems with an emphasis on continuous integration and continuous deployment.
The ideal candidate will have experience architecting, designing, and supporting highly available Google or Amazon Cloud Services using the latest technologies including Terraform and/or Kubernetes. The candidate will also show strong ability to stay calm and lead restoration when services are down.
- Ability to design and architect solutions per software organization requirements. Drive collaboration with external teams such as information security and IT to ensure corporate compliance of build and release systems.
- Lead architecture and design; drive collaboration within the team for industry standard deployments of highly available systems.
- Deploy and maintain high availability solutions in both multi-cloud environment and multiple locations with physical assets, with an emphasis on Google Cloud Platform. Apply IaaS and IaC concepts.
- Collect, analyze requirements from the software organization for new build machines and systems.
- Respond to Production and service escalations. Lead incident and root-cause analysis with calm and an eye towards service improvement.
- Provide expertise in tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools and etc.
- Plan and coordinate systems upgrades, cutovers and infrastructure migrations. Support software releases from DevOps standpoint.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps roles (mid-to-large-scale environments)
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to collaborate and drive solutions within a team.
- Ability to root cause and lead service restoration efforts with composure.
- Experience deploying, scaling and administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) and on premises.
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and automating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Concourse and others
- Experience installing, configuring and administering VCS systems: Gerrit, Github, Perforce
- Extremely comfortable with Linux like environments and CLI. Comfortable with administering Windows
- Expertise in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Ability to calmly and quickly respond to production outages under pressure, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures and escalation workflows. On-call support for operational issues.
- Familiar with cutting edge virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, GKE
- Experience deploying, configuring and administering multi-tier applications (Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL and etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools: Zabbix, Datadog and others
- Expertise with the scripting languages: Yaml, Python, Bash and Groovy
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology and practices
BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or relevant field, considerable weight will be given to hands-on experience and prior accomplishments
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.