Magic Leap’s Product UX Design organization seeks a Lead UX Designer to help influence, create and define our next generation platform and operating system for mixed reality.
The Lead UX Designer will influence the future of our mixed reality platform. From brainstorming, prototyping and testing through to implementation, the Lead UX Designer will work with team members of the design team, as well as our product, prototyping and engineering groups. Candidates must possess a relentless attention to detail and a desire for a best in class experience.
You will work on delivering a spatial computing user experience that is natural, clear, intuitive, and matches the Magic Leap direction. Working with teams of experts across multiple disciplines, you will be able to leverage your skills to guide the development from start to finish to create some of the world's best spatial computing interactions.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years in UX Design with at least 3 shipped projects with a full development cycle from concept through completion. Candidates should have previously lead multiple disciplines in an focus project through to delivery. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with other team leads and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a large collection of disciplines that span art to engineering to business to manufacturing.
Successful candidates are passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing, and are ready and eager to join a design organization responsible for pushing the boundaries of platform, experience, and the future of interaction.
Other qualities include:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaborative skills
- Ability to lead a team of designers and other contributors for a project
- Knowledge and use of user testing to lead to successful implementation
- Ability to do rapid prototyping for stakeholder approval
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates great design
- Ensure alignment on the scope, schedule, dependencies, and deliverables across teams
- Self driven to create world class experiences
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing mixed reality, VR, desktop, mobile or web applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrable mastery of design tools
- Degree in interaction design (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with AR, MR or spatial computing platforms
- Experience working with augmented or mixed reality solutions
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.