Senior Manager, Digital Health Solutions Engineering
The Senior Manager, Digital Health Solutions Engineering is responsible for implementing, operationalizing, and expanding the overall technology vision of the Digital Health business unit. They will function as the CTO of the health business unit, working closely with Magic Leap’s HW and SW engineering teams as well as core Magic Leap product managers as well as their colleagues in the Health business unit (including product management, project management, systems engineering, R&D). In this capacity, they will oversee and coordinate the work of the diverse software teams working on solutions at the device, applications, and cloud layers. This will include development of sample solution architectures, reference designs and prototypes that will help accelerate the adoption of spatial computing in the broad health ecosystem. Further, they will support business development and product management activities by providing technical leadership and assessment of potential partners and developers.
- Drive the technical vision and objectives of the Digital Health business unit, within Magic Leap, towards the development of robust systems, platforms, and applications.
- Work closely with R&D and systems engineering lead to define appropriate product roadmap requirements for PRD.
- Define feasibility tests and studies for new feature requirements.
- Optimize the use of horizontal Magic Leap capabilities to facilitate the adoption of Magic Leap technology by the health ecosystem of developers and partners.
- Provide overall management and leadership over the Embedded, Applications, and Cloud Software Leads and their respective teams, ensuring that the highest standards and practices for software development are maintained, from applied research, through prototyping, and into production code.
- Manage, oversee and guide the work of the Embedded Software Lead and team to design and implement a framework and a suite of digital biomarkers within this framework
- Manage, supervise and guide the work of the Cloud Software Lead and team to design and implement a cloud architecture for ingestion, storage, and analysis of biomarker data, and for integration of this data with other internal and external data sources, in coordination with the Manager of File Store Cloud Systems.
- Manage, supervise and guide the work of all direct Software Engineering resources on the health team to design and implement a set of core application-level features and prototypes, in coordination with the Director, Interaction Design.
- Work closely with the Systems Engineering team to establish and implement quality control, unit and integration testing, verification and validation processes
- Coordinate with the lead of Project Management to establish, implement, and administer project plans with clear milestones and deliverables, working within an agile development methodology
- Ensure that all software implementations at the embedded, cloud, and applications levels abide by HIPAA, FDA, GDPR, and any other pertinent regulations, in coordination with Magic Leap’s regulatory team.
- Work with R&D lead to investigate potential areas of application of Digital Health methods in health-related issues, and to define and execute data exploration and clinical research for potential biomarkers
- Participate in customer- and partner-facing business development and product management activities, to provide technical expertise and to ensure integration and translation of customer requirements into research and development processes and to support a robust ecosystem of developers and partners on the Magic Leap platform.
- Provide any and all additional assistance needed in interactions with Magic Leap leadership, with software and cloud company teams, and with financial and other administrative areas.
10+ years experience leading engineering teams, preferably with experience in both HW and SW
Experience in medical device industry
Experience working in a distributed, matrix environment, able to influence and manage people not in a direct reporting structure
Experience working in global markets, including US, EU, and Asia
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.