We are looking for an experienced Director of Business Development, focused on consumer content. This role reports to the VP of Content Business Development at Magic Leap.
Externally, the role consists of identifying, developing, structuring, negotiating and maintaining relationships and deals with key strategic partners to expand the functionality and breadth of Magic Leap’s consumer content ecosystem globally, including for location-based experiences. Internally, the role will work cross-functionally, communicating with Magic Leap leadership and between teams such as Product, Marketing, Experience, Developer Relations, Magic Leap Studios, Legal and Finance to help set strategic initiatives and execute key deals. The role will also help to develop company-wide content strategy and business models.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in deal making in content, media & entertainment, ideally for social media, telco, web/mobile technologies and other new technologies organizations. Demonstrated success in managing and optimizing a complex funnel of partner relationships, ecosystem development and strategic thinking is also critical. International, strategy and financial modeling experience is also valuable for this role.
- Identifying, developing and managing productive long-term partner relationships
- Structuring, negotiating and executing complex content-related deals
- Evaluating, prioritizing, coordinating and managing multiple strategic and business initiatives concurrently
- Developing strategies and business models that generate value for Magic Leap
- Providing consistent reporting/updates and communication to business leaders and key stakeholders
- Partnering with Product, Marketing, Experience, Developer Relations, Magic Leap Studios, Legal, Finance and other cross-functional teams to define commercial alignments
- 10+ years of deal-making/partner management experience
- Strong problem-solving, influencing, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and operating in a fast-moving startup environment
- Commercial/operational experience and a deep understanding of the dynamics and economics of consumer products and ecosystems
- Ability to proactively initiate and lead business discussions and drive ongoing engagements with C-suite level partners and Magic Leap executives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and collaborative team player who feeds off of goal-setting and achievement
- Work experience in technology, media/entertainment and telco industries
- Ability to support multiple projects and complex workstreams
- International business experience preferred
- Strategy/financial modeling experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required, MBA is preferred.
- Second language will be a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.