Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing. Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
As a Master Data Management Manager for Magic Leap’s Core Data team you will have responsibility for leading the implementation of our Master and Reference Data Management program. In addition you will provide ongoing management and oversight for master and reference data in support of business needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluate and drive data management processes (i.e., define best practices and processes to support efficiencies within customer, products, and vendor data management)
- IT business liaison for the MDM solutions
- Lead the technical solution design and the development to create a single source of truth via the MDM solutions
- Identify and define the right strategies to integrate Master data with other operational systems to leverage the Master data more efficiently and effectively
- Track team’s progress, identify risks, issues and highlight to the project manager and leadership proactively
- Communicate the technical dependencies to the concerned teams and establish coordination for seamless implementation of the individual components
- Lead and manage the team on the MDM specific activities such as define the cleanse rules, survivorship, match rules, etc.
- Collaborate with various technical teams and business users for development , QA and production support for the MDM platform
- Implement master data management standards, enforce data governance procedures and ensure data integrity across multiple platforms
- Manage data migration requirements and processes
- Provide thought leadership and direction to the tech leads and developers
- Performs all other duties and special assignments as assigned
- Design, document and maintain data processes and flows across Master Data Management (MDM) and product lifecycle management (PLM) systems
- Assist with business process mapping, data modeling, data mapping, and data visualization for product-related data initiatives
- Develop and measure metrics-focused on Data Analytics
- BS/BA in Information Management, Computer/Information Science, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or other related fields; or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Master Data experience, experience within a manufacturing environment preferred. Master Data Experience should include an expert level of understanding of Material Master, Vendor Master, BOM, Routing, Production, Customer Master, Quality, etc.
- Exposure to data governance platform (Informatica, Collibra, Riversand, etc.)
- Prior experience with SAP or SAP AFS, a plus
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.