Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Contractor
This an exciting opportunity to build a world-class mixed reality collaborative annotations application for the Magic Leap platform. At Magic Leap, we have a rich roadmap planned for collaborative applications within our spatial computing environment.
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Job Description
As a primary contributor to our real-time native collaborative applications, the Senior C++ Developer will have a rich technical background that shows depth and breadth of experience as well as a passion for this exciting area of the Magic Leap product.
As one of the first developers in this area, you must have hands-on experience shipping C++ real-time APIs including optimizations and high reliability. As a self-starter, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic environment, and to collaborate closely with the User Experience, Architecture, Systems Engineering, and Applications teams.
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Responsibilities
- Contribute to and develop the Magic Leap collaborative copresence platform
- Build and debug mixed reality frameworks, tools, and applications
- Track & report on project status, plan architecture and present a technical vision to others
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader in data-centric, component-oriented applications and improve alignment with product vision & team
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Mentor less senior engineers
- Level up the entire organization through code reviews, architectural reviews, team presentations.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Advantages
- Build the first Collaborative Copresence Application of its kind.
- Work in a truly agile environment to build new code and contribute to the future of mixed reality
- Flexible work hours
- A diverse work environment with endless opportunities for growth
- Catered breakfast/lunches on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Skills and Experience
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with C++ required.
- Deep development experience, with an extensive focus on mobile applications
- Strong abilities with 3D Math and 3D Graphics and 3D User Experiences
- Experience programming applications on the Android platform
- Experience with FirebaseDB or another real-time data-centric cloud platform
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- MS or equivalent experience preferred
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Nice to Haves
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies, and website filtering
- Experience with XR: Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality
- Experience with OpenGL, Unity3D, Qt3D, WPF or other 3D graphics API
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using a wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Location
Sunnyvale, or Fort Lauderdale
Senior Software Engineer (3D Applications) - Employment Details
Full-time, Contract. 6-month initial assignment duration with options for extensions
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.