Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing. Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Manager of Product Research to join our growing product marketing team. We are seeking leaders who are able to integrate insight throughout the development process and partner with product teams to increase the impact on the people we serve and partner with. As a global business dedicated to amplifying enterprises, developers and consumers through technology, it is essential that we truly understand the customers we are designing for and how spatial computing can solve their pain points.
- Lead all aspects of research efforts, from scoping and recruiting to method selection, analysis, and presentation, at different stages of the development process, from strategic discovery to tactical evaluation
- Partner with product teams as a research leader responsible for prioritizing a portfolio of questions, and collaborating with your PM, Eng, Design, and Analytics peers, to integrate insights and formulate strategic directions
- Deliver high-quality research insights that impact experience strategy within and beyond product teams
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound decisions based on market, customer, and product analytics
- Work with the broader research team to evolve and innovate the research practice and identify ways to maximize impact. Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools, and communications
- Work collaboratively within the research team to assess larger user trends and determine strategies for further investigation and/or synthesis
- Promote processes, tools, and best practices within the organization
- 5+ years experience with human-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a digital start-up environment, who can plan, lead and execute research projects
- Empathy and a passion for understanding people and why they do the things they do through observation, interviewing, testing and validation
- Hands-on experience scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and sharing findings
- Ability to synthesize, shape and present insights that lead to adoption, actionable design recommendations, impact on our members, and clear strategic direction
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment where speed, rigor, and quality must be balanced to meet project needs, ability to creatively adapt methods and approach to meet the unique constraints of a rapidly changing start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), collaborative mindset, and ability to persuade and inspire project teams and stakeholders of the value of a people-centered design approach
- Excellent knowledge of research principles, methods, experiment design, facilitation and familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience using a variety of research tools (such as UserTesting.com, Optimizely, Ethnio, Survey monkey), and familiarity with recruiting and analytics suites
- Experience integrating multiple data sources (customer feedback, market research, survey data, analytics, competitive landscape, and athlete insight) into a strategic point of view
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.