Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow
The Planning Director will lead and direct all facets of the Planning and Configuration Management team from forecast to goods receipt. This includes but is not limited to, purchasing, logistics planning, product planning, material forecasting, capacity planning, master scheduling, and coordination with warehouse operations locally and globally, as necessary to support Magic Leap Global Division Operations. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
This individual is also responsible for driving the Process Automation and Finished Goods strategy recommendations across multiple Distribution Centers to facilitate best customer satisfaction, driving innovation to advanced Planning processes, strengthen client relationships, and balancing on time delivery with minimized inventory.
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into the finished goods inventory.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures and overall team to optimize the value of the entire faction in creating a world class materials management group.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches
- Subject Matter Expert in MRP and planning system/ SAP a plus
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory and staffing requirements
- Provide effective team and project leadership, including opportunities coaching and development
- Continuously reshape departments best practices to provide highest efficiencies and quality
- Liaise with other departments, including finance and sales, to ensure smooth communication and proper process corrections
- Strong desire to consistently perform at high levels, achieve the best, motivate others and commit to creating a world class Supply Chain function / team
- Approachable, professional that leads to the creation of effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Experience with international operations; global communications, planning and shipping
- Be a collaborative team member able to work cross-functionally
- Be an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
- Strong experience in Distribution at consumer products growth - oriented companies.
- Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic fast - paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 10 - 15 years of progressive experience in supply chain and management roles with emphasis on forecasting / planning and purchasing
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of MRP (SAP is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with the ability to devise and implement a strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Presentations to executive management team including but not limited to S&OP.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
- Meet or exceed and continuously improve on related performance metrics objectives:
On Time Delivery (Internal and External) / Days of Supply / Potential Excess, Potential Obsolete Finish Goods and High Stocks / Other applicable metrics as defined by Supervisor
- A certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS and NAPM)
- Experience in electronics manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success
- Ability to plan and organize multiple activities concurrently
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail and ability to work well with teams.
- Experience in direct sales will be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or an equivalent degree
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.