The Project Manager will lead projects/programs that are technically complex in nature and that span across software and several stakeholder organizations. The Project Manager will have proven experience and technical skills to solve complex problems and leadership skills to drive teams to deliver high-quality features on time. Experience in Localization and Internationalization would be a plus.
This position will offer you an exciting opportunity to work side by side with Development, QA, Product Management, UX, Content developers, Senior executives (just to name a few) to develop an exciting Augmented reality platform for our developers and consumers. Additionally, this position will give exposure to many cutting-edge innovations in the field, and provide first-hand experience in solving intriguing challenges as Magic Leap develops a one-of-a-kind technology.
- Facilitate technical requirements and solution architecture for complex features
- Collaborate with software teams and stakeholders to identify dependencies, create software requirements, develop and maintain project schedules and track milestones
- Facilitate communication between development teams, QA, product management, UX, content developers, and coordinate deliveries
- Maintain risk register and actively pursue mitigation plans
- Drive teams’ through Software Program milestones and enable progress by removing bottlenecks
- Monitor and drive change requests
- Ensure feature quality by driving defects to resolution; define KPIs and ensure they are met by defined Program milestones
- Do root cause analyses, propose process & tool improvements, and implement approved changes.
- Identify gaps and innovate process improvements to gain operational efficiency
- Keep management informed of the status with regular reports
- 5-8 years of experience in project management with 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle and experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in project/program planning, successful execution, and risk management
- An excruciatingly high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals across different time zones
- Proven ability to understand embedded Linux architectural concepts and related technologies pros & cons
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Java
- Experience using tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and data analysis tools.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in Localization, Internationalization of Consumer Electronic device is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- PMP or CSM certification a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.