Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better. We are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we’re growing quickly. Join us and play a role in shaping the way we’ll experience our world tomorrow.
Our Legal and Compliance team helps counsel Magic Leapers on challenging, novel problems that affect our platform, products, services and users. We are searching for an exceptional Senior Counsel who will mainly be working to support a variety of matters and deals for Magic Leap’s business. In particular, we are seeking a candidate with experience in the outbound sales and licensing of complex technology platforms and solutions to sophisticated customers, including public sector clients and the U.S. government. Our work is leading edge, thought-provoking and constantly evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative approach.
- Assist in legal and contracting issues for Magic Leap’s sales and government contracting organization. This will include interfacing with key customers and partners to handle with minimal supervision day-to-day negotiations of major contracts, such as master purchase agreements and channel partner agreements.
- Prepare, review and revise government contracts, proposals and white papers to generate business opportunities with the U.S. government and other public sector businesses.
- Review and negotiate a variety of technology transaction agreements including, without limitation, intellectual property licenses, services and consulting agreements, enterprise sales agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, partnership agreements, and other agreements relating to Magic Leap’s platform, etc.
- Implement line of business contracting strategies and “market” standards to ensure consistency in the application of contract terms across businesses.
- Work closely with other internal counsel on IP/licensing issues relating to procurement (including government contracting), development, cooperation, collaboration and other customer and partner agreements.
- Coordinate with product, sales, business, engineering and security teams in connection with product development, licensing, clearance, confidentiality and data security.
- 4 to 6 years of experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm and/or in-house legal department as a licensing attorney, with experience in commercial negotiations of sales and intellectual property agreements.
- Special attention will be given to candidates with in-house experience negotiating outbound licensing agreements with sophisticated customers, including public sector clients and the U.S. government.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions preferred.
- Background in government contracting, proposal and white paper development, review and submission, contract performance and dispute resolution in connection government contracting, and regulatory compliance matters is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for/understanding of/early adoption of new technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.