Plantation, FL (HQ)
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better. We are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we’re growing quickly. Join us and play a role in shaping the way we’ll experience our world tomorrow.
Our Legal and Compliance team helps counsel Magic Leapers on challenging, novel problems that affect our platform, products, services and users. As Counsel, Product at Magic Leap, you will work on a broad range of product development issues to support our product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams from start to finish.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, finance, sales, and marketing teams, to intelligently evaluate risk in connection with products throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development and sales in the technology space, including with respect to hardware, software, cloud, marketing, and e-commerce issues.
- Supervise legal review of products pre-launch, and monitor continued compliance post-launch
- Keep up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and commercial laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound advice.
- Provide ideas and insights into how the company can work within the law to build fantastic products for its customers.
- 3 to 5 years of legal experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm and/or in-house as an attorney providing guidance on issues related to product development.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, membership in at least one recognized bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal aspects of product development in the technology space
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions preferred.
- Enthusiasm for/early adoption of new technologies.
- Familiarity with the following areas preferred: consumer protection, advertising, e-commerce, content moderation and/or customer support and related issues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.