Magic Leap, Inc. seeks a highly motivated Global Benefits Manager who will lead and manage the support of our global benefit programs. This role will liaise with other Human Resource functions and business partners and coordinate global compliance efforts. With a focus on benefits and mobility, this role will be responsible for defining the strategic development of current and future benefits plans, plan administration across global regions and countries, creating reports to assess trends in usage and participant adoption of offerings, ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations and filings, and maintaining all plan documents and auditing records. This position will have oversight and manage Magic Leap’s mobility programs through outsourced vendors. The Global Benefits Manager will develop cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at an affordable cost to the company and employee.
- Plans, implements and administers employee benefit programs such as health insurance, life and disability insurance, employee assistance programs, wellness initiatives, retirement, and other benefit-related plans.
- Analyzes and evaluates services, coverage, and options available through insurance and investment companies.
- Monitors budget allocations for employee wellness benefits.
- Develops and analyzes benefits key performance indicators (KPI) like plan participation and utilization for benefits programs monthly, quarterly and on an annual basis.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations in the industry.
- Ensures compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including US Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and other government regulations.
- Manages the benefit enrollment process, including weekly new hire meetings and annual open enrollment meetings to ensure employees receive accurate information on Magic Leap’s benefits plans and enrollments are completed on a timely basis.
- Directs maintenance of employee benefits data in automated human resources information systems.
- Oversees development of informative materials from benefits vendors and partners, ensuring updates to plan design and compliance are reflected in such collateral literature.
- Ensures necessary plan documents are acknowledged and government-mandated disclosures are posted, filed and distributed to eligible employees.
- Advise on 401(k) and global pension plans including coordination of plan testing (Form 5500), plan design, and administration, committee reviews.
- Maintains global governance for Magic Leap’s retirement plans.
- Research and respond to complex questions from employees and leaders regarding the interpretation of benefits plans, including eligibility and covered services.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting to maintain global spend summary and ensure the timely delivery payment for services by our benefit plan providers.
- Administers and evaluates wellness and healthcare educational programs to promote healthy lifestyles and changes in health care utilization and compliance.
- Oversees the company mobility program, managing external service providers and addressing specific employee requests and exceptions.
- Surveys market to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits
- Assist with streamlining/administering employee time away and leave processing and partnering with legal, payroll and the Human Resource Business Partner function as necessary.
- Minimum of five or more years’ experience in Benefits Management, with significant understanding of IRS Section 125 regulations, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, and FLSA regulations.
- Experience developing benefits and wellness strategies and self-funded benefits plans.
- Knowledge of mobility programs that include relocation benefits and the immigration visa process.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage work load and efficiently allocate time in a fast paced work environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a mindset of continuous improvement identify, recommend and improve current processes.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and can also work independently to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of SuccessFactors HRIS
- Strong knowledge and understanding of benefit plan administration including wellness, leave administration, time away, global pensions and US 401(k) plan support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.