Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are searching for an exceptional Legal Counsel who will mainly be working on complex technology transactions, sales transactions, licensing transactions and/or related intellectual property and business matters. Our work is leading edge, thought-provoking and constantly evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative approach.
- Review and negotiate a variety of technology transaction agreements including, without limitation, intellectual property licenses, product development agreements, services and consulting agreements, enterprise sales agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, partnership agreements, supply agreements, manufacturing agreements, developer agreements and other agreements relating to Magic Leap’s platform, etc.
- Serve as primary point of contact for legal and contracting issues to sales organization. This will include interfacing with key customers and partners to handle with minimal supervision day-to-day negotiations of major contracts, such as master purchase agreements and channel partner agreements.
- Implement line of business contracting strategies and “market” standards to ensure consistency in application of contract terms across businesses.
- Work closely with other internal counsel on IP/licensing issues relating to procurement, development, cooperation, collaboration and other customer and partner agreements.
- Coordinate with product, sales, business, engineering and security teams in connection with product development, licensing, clearance, confidentiality and data security.
- 2-4 years of experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm or multi-national corporation as a licensing attorney, with experience in commercial negotiations of sales and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience with direct and indirect channel sales agreements is preferred.
- A passion for providing unparalleled client service.
- An innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
- Superior legal and analytical skills.
- Excellent judgment and initiative in selecting the most effective solutions.
- Must possess a solution-oriented approach to solving complex issues in an effective way.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines with a changing fast-paced environment.
- This is not a remote position.
- Must possess a law degree and be a member of a State Bar in good standing
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.