Magic Leap is building the computing platform of the future. We're adding another dimension to computing. Where digital respects the physical. And they work together to make life better. Content, software, and hardware evolve rapidly, and upgrades are routine and require you to have the ability to learn quickly, adapt to change frequently and have the skills to present mixed reality and computing to a variety of different audiences.
We are seeking a high energy, personable individual with the ability to confidently explain and demonstrate a shipping-level Magic Leap device, software, and company vision by adapting to various audiences. The Demo Product Ambassador role(s) will be (1 - Predominantly HQ based with up to 25% travel, 2 - Almost full-time travel (75-80%+) likely HQ based but open to other options if traveling full-time, 3rd - Based in Culver City, CA with the ability to travel significantly when not supporting actual clients in the Culver office). This role is a highly visible, responsible for educating various audiences. This role needs a strong mix of someone who quickly grasps the basics of new tech, and brand ambassador to pitch the Magic Leap brand and vision to strategic partners, creatives, and VIP’s.
We would like to see an example(s) of your ability to clearly communicate ideas to audiences. This job will not involve giving standard one-way corporate presentations, rather require good group communication skills. Think of it as chatting with your friends about something you find really interesting, answering questions, listening. An example of you talking about technology within a group would be ideal. If you don’t already have something, create a 2 minute video around any area of interest. Please include a link to the content in your cover letter and resume.
- Provide basic troubleshooting of the demo hardware and software, resolving high-level issues affecting the functionality of the demo, or engaging the appropriate engineering leads to resolve. Able to quickly learn new software packages and user interfaces.
- Adapting presentations of the demo based on the audience to make material relatable and easy to understand. Needs the ability to hold composure with high profile individuals and needs to be up to date on culturally relevant topics and events as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- A comprehensive grasp of Magic Leap’s vision and the ability to communicate it effectively, altering conversations as necessary to address different business verticals.
- This individual needs to have high energy, as the primary responsibility of this role is educating the audience with the demo day in and day out. Adapting quickly to the audience and being comfortable speaking on bleeding edge tech is a requirement. This individual serves as a Magic Leap Ambassador to not only our product but also our brand.
- This role does include travel, which will vary frequently and significantly in scope. You must be able to maintain a high level of energy throughout the day - things will move fast.
- 4 or more years of experience in tech.
- “Get it done”, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional people skills / emotional intelligence; a refined communicator.
- Comfortable in front of various sized audiences; you love public speaking, and communicating new technologies to a full spectrum of audiences - from celebrities to scientists, individual contributors to C-level executives.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with regular cross-department collaboration.
- Use people skills to adapt to audience.
- Ability to tell compelling stories, clearly articulating Magic Leap’s vision.
- Experience in Enterprise verticals a plus.
- Experience in sales engineering or tech-focused enterprise sales a plus
- Have and convey a passion for Magic Leap's technology and new classes of experiences.
- B.A. in marketing, communications( with focus on tech highly desired), or B.S. in a STEM field and requisite communications experience.
- Basic command line knowledge a plus