Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of property accounting and project accounting. This role will interface closely with various company operational departments including Facilities, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and other technical teams with regards to asset capitalization and tracking of projects. This role will perform the day to day activities and analysis that support the financial close and reporting process related to responsible areas as well as assisting with the budgeting and planning process.
- Responsible for managing fixed assets and project tracking across our many domestic and international entities, including working with various operational departments in the company to determine placed-in-service dates and ensure R&D and other asset capitalization requirements are being met.
- Assist FP&A department in explaining capital expenditure variances.
- Implement new leasing standard in consultation with technical accounting.
- Review daily purchase order reports ensuring proper coding and tracking of fixed assets and project purchases.
- Streamline accounting processes to drive automation/efficiency.
- Review and post journal entries required for month-end accounting close within the month end close process timelines.
- Support annual audits.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place and documented to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected and are in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Participate in special projects and prepare ad hoc reporting as requested by management to address changing business needs.
- Ensures that company financial records, under this position’s responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP by reviewing monthly account reconciliations and other schedules and documentation.
- Responsible for management and continued development of the Senior Accountant directly reporting to the position.
- 10 years of accounting experience required
- 5 years of management experience strongly preferred
- CPA with public accounting background preferred
- Recent experience with SAP required
- Experience in technology industry preferred
- Detail oriented, able to focus in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Expert communicator and analytical thinker; able to understand complex subjects, identify comparable data points, develop and report structured evaluation
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills required
- Proficient using advanced features of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Masters preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.