Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Manager of the Astronaut program, develops, executes, and drives local/regional training strategies, plans, and special events while maintaining a consistent brand voice. This role leads a field team of Astronauts deployed to educate and enable our retail partners.
Field responsibilities include overseeing all operations in the field, including training, performance monitoring, planning and analyzing, ensuring the Astronaut team is working effectively and efficiently.
Main areas of focus are:
- Improve communication and alignment of Astronaut team and retail partners
- Organize field training and other events
- Recommend development of content and assets to address specific needs
- Support sales campaigns and sales incentive programs
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience managing a team of multi-unit sales, or training force, as well as a history of taking accountability for attainment of training targets. You will remotely supervise and schedule a team of Astronauts, both setting and ensuring achievement of their goals. The ideal candidate will combine excellent communication skills, with sales, training and a strategic mindset.
- Partners with Magic Leap sales leadership as well as partner local and regional leadership to develop and implement training programs, promotions, and product launches, to achieve desired education, training and sales goals for both Magic Leap and our partners.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, to understand training and market needs, and to increase sales.
- Collaborates with area sales managers, our external partners, and the content team to develop training material and courses designed to align retail partner’s employees, enabling them to effectively position and sell Magic Leap products
- Support the Astronaut team with day to day operations
- Evaluate individual performances
- Report on regional training initiatives, participation and outcomes
- Identify hiring needs, select and train new staff
- Address potential issues and suggest prompt solutions
- Oversees Astronaut projects and programs, to ensure Magic Leap standards are met, and execution is aligned to KPI goals.
- Assesses the effectiveness of training efforts against partner engagement and KPI goals.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with retail partners local and regional leadership.
- Holds team accountable for results of programs and initiatives.
- Attracts, retains, and develops highly effective professionals and support staff.
- Cultivates a bench of leadership and talent to deliver results and support future growth.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to advance individual and team capability.
- BA Degree in Business, Marketing or Education preferred
- 7-10 years’ relevant experience in retail, training, sales or field marketing and implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations.
- The ability to plan, execute, and analyze an overall strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with a variety of tasks and business partners (both internal and external partners, consumer and enterprise); must be able to work cross-functionally with internal sales and sales operations teams.
- Ability to tell compelling stories, clearly articulating Magic Leap’s value and vision.
- Experience in retail, training, sales, or other comparable field of consumer product
- 50%-75% travel required
- BA/BS Degree
- MBA preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines