Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Reporting directly to the VP, Marketing & Operations, the Director of Marketing - Consumer & Enterprise will oversee and drive all marketing strategy for both consumer and enterprise audiences. Supported by a fast-growing team of marketing specialists, the Director level role will drive planning and execution against both audiences, work closely with Marketing Sciences team to define key targets within Consumer and Enterprise, and with agency partners in creation of tentpole and always on campaigns.
Ultimately, this person is responsible for developing and guiding marketing strategies and marketing plans that build brand awareness and drive demand resulting in revenue and profitability growth. This executive will be responsible for developing a clearly differentiated brand position for Magic Leap and implementing integrated marketing plans. Responsibilities include developing outbound messaging and positioning for new and existing products and driving worldwide launch and sustaining marketing activities for the product.
This person will have significant visibility within the Company with an objective to make a significant impact on the branding and marketing strategy on the Company’s core brand.
As an executive with consumer brand ownership and a demonstrated tact for enterprise marketing, this individual will work closely with all areas on both strategy development and business execution. Director will develop insights from segmentation and trends in the US and international markets and will direct go-to-market messaging, collateral, sponsorships, etc. This person will possess a strong, credible point of view on different segments and a complete understanding of the competition in consumer and enterprise software and electronics.
The priorities for the role include:
- Developing powerful marketing initiatives to strategically position the Magic Leap brand within consumer and enterprise cohorts
- Developing a best-in-class direct marketing and multi-channel marketing (retail partners) capability
- Working with Marketing Sciences team to strategically shape Magic Leap’s understanding of consumers with timely, meaningful, inspirational and actionable consumer insights in order to drive better decisions, better products and opportunities that lead to increased sales and profits
- Leading and developing a world-class, global marketing team, respected inside and outside Magic Leap
- Championing the dissemination of best practices across regions, and supporting teams managing international rollout and expansion
- Delivering marketing programs with operational excellence, with a global point of view, and a process tightly linked to the Sales, Sales Operations and Product Development teams’ activities.
- Partnering with other areas to articulate marketing priorities, ensure adequate resources and funding are available and track results closely
- Identifying areas of the business (products or geographies) where marketing activities can significantly move the needle and conduct fact-based experiments to test different approaches.
- Oversee enterprise marketing strategy and work in collaboration with creative team and agencies to create new assets, update brand, and communicate guidelines across the company
- Drive strategy for large-scale productions for Enterprise Marketing
- Oversee enterprise specific marketing budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasting and actuals reconciliation
- Experience leading enterprise and consumer marketing strategy for technology or consumer electronics brands
- Creative and design eye with experience evaluating creative
- Ability to build positive relationships across a matrixed, dynamic organization
- Ability to collaborate while persuasively selling-in ideas
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Microsoft office proficiency with advanced PowerPoint skills
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years in agency management
- Two (2) years of global branding or campaign management experience
- AR/VR experience (preferred)
- Experience working on global marketing strategy and localization of rollout
- Can inspire teamwork and collaboration while advocating and being a good coach
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- MBA/MA/MS Master's Degree (preferred)
- Strong marketing grounding in classical brand management (FMCG) as well as an exceptional track record in new age marketing, including online and direct marketing
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.