Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking an energetic and dynamic Senior Project Manager for information technology and enterprise systems projects. The core expectation is to manage end-to-end project deliverables within agreed scope, budget & schedule, coordinating activities with all the contributing departments and often with external vendors. The PM will be a strong and respected leader with a reputation for getting things done and will ensure proper project documentation and methodologies are followed and escalates issues internally and externally to meet deliverables and reporting status of deliverables.
- Leads complex technology projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Manages multiple/large projects with complex inter-dependencies.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals are achieved (e.g., deadline, scope, budget, quality, vendor dependency, security). Develops and documents mitigation and resolution strategies. Communicates issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution; implement corrective actions and resolve conflicts.
- Manages and coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client and vendor/subcontractor’s organizations as needed to meet project’s goals and ensure project completion is on schedule.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project’s acceptance. Handover documentation and ongoing activities to client and complete post-implementation reviews to identify areas of improvement.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Maintains excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues in a timely reporting of status.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within an organization.
- Demonstrates expertise in managing and influencing people, processes and people management skills.
- Facilitates meetings and coordinates teams in different locations, different time zones, etc.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and coordination of program staff
- Meet regularly with core team to synchronize and track progress, document task updates and discuss corrective actions
- Prepare concise status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends related to schedule, budget or scope
- 5+ years of experience with project management methodologies, techniques and tools and their application to projects in information technology and enterprise systems.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities, while maintaining focus on critical deadlines to successful project completion.
- Project management experience in a focused area of information technology or information systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
- Ability to apply logical thinking to a wide range of technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications
- A team player with great collaboration skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence decisions and actions in other teams
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in multiple project management tools
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail, and ability to follow issues through resolution
- 35% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Master’s degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.