Magic Leap is seeking a Lead Simulation Engineer with expertise in the thermal sciences to support applied research, product development, and manufacturing. The successful candidate is capable of analyzing mechanical & opto-mechanical components, assemblies and systems, which support interdisciplinary (electrical, software, controls, optics, etc.) projects. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be highly innovative and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Provides technical leadership to the development team distributed globally at various design centers; Leads, advocates and enforces best practices in design, development and testing.
- Works with the engineering teams to define and communicate requirements, and manage team members test plans to ensure product requirements can be met over high volumes.
- Closely interacts with other disciplines such as ID, electronics, machine vision, optical, mechanical, and software organizations to derive, validate, and subsequently verify system performance.
- Contributes to technical design reviews with the Program Manager representing the concerns of their functional specialty on the product development team.
- Participates in architectural collaboration discussions with technical team and engineering managers to ensure delivery of global, scalable, and reliable systems.
- Provides guidance to design engineers and architects in order to improve and optimize designs.
- Expertise in solving large scale problems utilizing commercially available computational fluid dynamics software. Ability to quickly adapt to new software and workflows.
- Supports technical aspects of projects as a hands-on contributor. Also guides and mentors team members using technical skills to ensure project requirements are met on schedule while meeting the customer requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of and applied experience with scientific and engineering methods and with the discipline's standards.
- Applied experience using active and passive thermal management devices, such as heat pipes, vapor plates and fans/blowers, or similar preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with designing, planning, and executing research, design, and development projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining deadlines and high quality of work.
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines in a team environment and to be self-directed.
- BS in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or related experience field of study, advanced Engineering degree preferred.
- Mid-level or more career experience preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.