Magic Leap is developing a broad spectrum of hardware and software technologies, and innovating in content creation using an agile product development approach.
Content, software, and hardware evolve rapidly, and upgrades are routine and require you to have the ability to learn quickly, adapt to change frequently and have the skills to present mixed reality and computing to a variety of different audiences.
We are seeking a high energy, personable individual with the ability to confidently explain and demonstrate a shipping-level Magic Leap device, software, and company vision by adapting to various audiences. The Demo Product Ambassador role will mainly be based in Culver City, but will also involve traveling roadshows and some time at HQ in Plantation, FL. This role has high visibility, responsible for educating various audiences. This role needs a strong mix of someone who quickly grasps the basics of new tech, and high people skills as a brand ambassador to pitch the Magic Leap brand and vision to developers and consumers.
- Provide basic troubleshooting of the demo hardware and software, resolving high-level issues affecting the functionality of the demo, or engaging the appropriate engineering leads to resolve. Able to quickly learn new software packages and user interfaces.
- Adapting presentations of the demo based on the audience to make material relatable and easy to understand. Needs the ability to hold composure in stressful situations and needs to be up to date on culturally relevant topics and events as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape.
- This individual needs to have high energy, as the primary responsibility of this role is educating the audience with the demo day in and day out. Adapting quickly to the audience and being comfortable speaking on bleeding edge tech is a requirement. This individual serves as a Magic Leap Ambassador to not only our product but also our brand.
- This role may involve travel, which will vary frequently and significantly in scope. You must be able to maintain a high level of energy throughout the day - things will move fast.
- 4 or more years of experience in tech.
- “Get it done”, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional people skills/emotional intelligence; a refined communicator.
- Background communicating complex technologies to a full spectrum of audiences - from celebrities to scientists, individual contributors to C-level executives
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization with regular cross-department collaboration.
- Use people skills to adapt to audience.
- Ability to tell compelling stories, clearly articulating Magic Leap’s vision.
- Experience in sales engineering or tech-focused enterprise sales a plus
- Have and convey a passion for Magic Leap's technology and new classes of experiences.
- BA in marketing, communications (with focus on tech highly desired), or B.S. in a STEM field and requisite communications experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.