Design, build and implement enterprise-class technical solutions involving infrastructure components (storage, computing, networking, security) for both on premise and cloud environments. Align standards, frameworks and security solutions with the overall business and technology strategy. Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats to the technology and security organizations within Magic Leap. Design, document, complete POCs, and disseminate Infrastructure solutions to address business needs while minimizing security threats as they emerge with a mindset of maintaining key business processes and operational readiness. Identify Infrastructure based solutions within a hybrid environment which balance business requirements with information, cloud and on-prem infrastructure within a cyber security mindful environment and best practices compliance approach. Identify infrastructure design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements where needed.
- Contributes and disseminates the Magic Leap’s strategic solution architecture vision, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with the overall business and IT strategies
- Acts as infrastructure solutions subject matter expert on both for in-cloud and on-prem; provides advisory and consulting services to business, IT departments and IS management
- Works closely with other architects in addressing Magic Leap challenges in enhancing ML’s infrastructure with new and existing solutions,
- Works to design solutions architectures by evaluating, documenting and disseminating Proof of Concepts (POCs) in benefit of Magic Leap from and ultimately approve the implementation of infrastructure solutions into the environment
- Continuously assess the state of the infrastructure using best practices, standards and frameworks to identify gaps and works with appropriate stakeholders to remediate deficiencies.
- Participates in the development of infrastructure solution strategies, roadmaps, policies and standards,
- Ensures Infrastructure solutions are implemented with appropriate controls to meet regulatory requirements as well as other organizational compliance requirements
- Tracks metrics for compliance to IS standards by application and system owners
- Develops and mentors other team members
- 8+ years of experience working in one or multiple areas (storage, compute, networking, cloud, or security) of infrastructure architecture, operations, design, or development across multiple infrastructure domains.
- Strong infrastructure experience in multiple infrastructure areas such as: switches and routers (Juniper JunOS), wireless environments (Aruba Networks), storage (Isilon, BigQuery both structure and object-based), IDS/IPS, WAFs, DNS,computing (Nutanix, linux sys admin, windows 10 system admin, etc), cloud (AWS or GCP) technologies for both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Strong Application architectures deployment experience; specifically, involving application front-end and back-end designs.
- Working knowledge of linux, APIs, and cloud solutions such as (containers, VMs, networking, BigQuery, etc) concepts and implementation methods
- Knowledge of remote access technologies and implementation best practices.
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a related Infrastructure field (networking, security, storage, security or cloud).
- Experience with cloud security architecture principles, specifically within the AWS and GCP platforms.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.