You will be part of the team that is building the test automation framework for what we call the Mixed Reality- a beautifully realistic 3D environment visible in the real world. In this role, you will help develop building blocks of automation infrastructure and tests. The goal is to develop an automation system and develop automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner and empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product.
- Be a hands-on technical lead within the automation team and lead a small team that is Responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing the applications on Magic Leap devices using Magic Leap using Application Framework and SDK(Unity, Unreal, Lumin, etc.) & Developer Tools that will help the automation team with automated testing
- Understand the Magic Leap software architecture, App Framework & SDKs to identify test automation opportunities for Continuous Integration, Functional, reliability and KPI testing
- Be proactive in enhancing the SDK test coverage via automation using various unit test frameworks and custom built applications
- Ensure an appropriate and detailed development strategy and plans are in place for immediate and future requirements for the SDK test coverage
- Work closely with SDK Dev and QA teams to understand their work flow and incorporate feedback into improving automated testing
- Help Develop unit tests and functional tests for the existing Application Framework and SDK
- Handle the complexity of the daily activities and think both tactically and strategically to deliver quick but efficient solutions
- Do architecture and code reviews, conducts regular meetings with relevant team members and prioritize work items in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to junior team members to remove their roadblocks
- When schedule permits, use coding skills to implement test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage.
- Independently review all incoming features, work with development teams to devise appropriate test automation application development strategies
- 7+ years of hands on development experience with Application frameworks and/or game engine SDKs using C/C++ and C#
- 2+ years of experience of leading a small team of developers in a high pace environment
- Excellent understanding of developing apps for embedded system using Application Frameworks/SDK and/or game engines
- Proven development and debugging skills, along with familiarity with various types of testing related to SDK, including unit, functional, stress, reliability testing
- Excellent understanding with HW/SW architecture and interoperability of complex embedded systems
- Ability to work in fast paced and agile environment and manage multiple priorities on a daily basis to produce desired outcome
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- Familiarity with any SDK QA concepts, methods and terminologies, Automation Framework, Google Test Framework is a huge plus
- Familiarity with 3D graphics from OpenGL is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Machine Vision/Learning, Robotics, AR/VR, Game development is a plus
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.