Software Developer in Test for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the test development, execution, and requirements validation of our cloud services, algorithms, and components that reside on both the server and the device.
- Work with the development, test, and automation teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and nonfunctional validation of the algorithms, services, and components that make up our cloud services.
- Device Management - Configuration of device per defined profiles, settings, and applications
- Connected Platform Services - Cloud Computing, Integration with Cloud Ecosystem and Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Over The Air Updates - OS
- Execute subjective testing in different environments to ensure items are restored and localized
- Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish the assigned testing
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code changes to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 3+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the test development and execution of client server interactions across the cloud.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.