Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the Sr./Lead Test Engineer (SDK) is to verify and validate the quality of the Software Development Kits. The Sr./Lead Test Engineer (SDK) will focus on converting applicable manual test cases to an automated system as well as performing exploratory testing by creating apps and games utilizing supported game engines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with product teams, key stakeholders, developers and other members of QA to ensure that testing is efficiently and effectively covering all possible testing scenarios
- Create sample apps and experiences using the Magic Leap SDK to provide end-user testing of APIs and libraries (with applicable game engines or native language)
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group from a quality perspective
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality test scripts
- Develop / Test and Run manual and automated tests on daily basis ensuring complete test coverage of requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot,and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Build and maintain test apps to continually prove the effectiveness and quality of the SDKs
- 7+ years of experience of hands-on development in C, C++ or C# in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience in QA / Automation related testing
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning / execution, automated testing and reporting
- Experience with mobile software development and developing custom applications
- Experience with testing SDKs, APIs and applications on embedded devices
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Experience with 3D computer graphics/AR/VR is a plus
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.