Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Software Developer in Test for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the test development, execution, and requirements validation of our Extended Reality implementation that extend our computer Vision algorithms and services across Mixed Reality (MR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR).
- Work with the development, program management, and test teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and nonfunctional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our extended reality deliverables across the supported mix, augmented and virtual reality platforms.
- Execute subjective testing in different environments and scenarios to verify are extended reality implementation with jitter, judder, swim, mapping and tracking
- Define or develop test utilities to accomplish the needed testing across the supported platforms
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap implementation, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Experience with being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 3+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 3 of those years having an emphasis on computer vision, AR, VR testing
- Knowledge on jitter, judder, swim, and how to recognize them is desired
- Experience with Mapping and tracking algorithms; Camera optics, Image sensor technology; Image filtering techniques; Image analysis and segmentation; IMUs is preferred
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, Android, and IOS
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Experience with Unity or Unreal development platforms
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.