You will be responsible for the day to day operations, design and implementation of the corporate network. As a Network Engineer you will help lead the Magic Leap network into its next phase of success by developing and scaling new and existing technologies aimed at helping securely connect leapers no matter where they’re located.
- Design, and deploy complex systems and network solutions that support 24x7 environments
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and determine root cause analysis of complex network problems and provide solutions in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Be able to operate in a multi-vendor environment (Juniper Networks, Aruba and Palo Alto)
- Assists with planning for disaster recovery and redundancy initiatives
- Creates and ensures accuracy of documentation such as policies, procedures, diagrams, and manuals
- Monitors critical systems and components using a variety of monitoring tools
- Assists in data center work (when required), process letter of authority (LOAs) from carriers, submitting cross-connect orders, troubleshooting provider circuits.
- Performs other support activities in support of the mission of the Technology Solutions & Service group. This includes the implementation of new technologies, as well as the maintenance and support of existing technologies
- Prioritize and schedule assigned support tickets and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced subject matter expert (SME) or manager
- The ability to function independently on routine tasks and project work
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, Routing & Switching
- Minimum 3-5 years network support/operations/engineering experience
- Experience working with BGP, IS-IS, VRRP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, IPSEC, ECMP, Virtual Chassis, Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation Groups
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of LAN technologies and topologies, including VLANs, 802.1Q, 802.3ad
- General knowledge of wireless technologies, specifically on Aruba controllers
- Knowledge of network provider and carrier offerings (able to interface with upstream providers and data center remote hands)
- Hands-on experience working with Juniper equipment, such as MX, QFX, EX, SRX
- Hands-on experience working with Security devices, such as Palo Alto Networks products.
- Familiar with authentication services: Radius, TACACS/TACACS+, 802.1x
- Familiar with optical network technologies (DWDM), SFP, SFP+, QSFP+, single mode and multimode fiber
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of public cloud providers and working experience with GCP or AWS
- Proficiency in revision control and DevOps best practices (Git)
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Ansible configuration management or Juniper Space working experience is a plus
- Understanding of the Junos Telemetry Interface (JTI) and the collection of data through NETCONF and gRPC calls
- BS/MS in an Engineering field – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Desired Certifications: Juniper Networks Certified Network Associate (JNCIA) or Juniper Networks Certified Specialist (JNCIS-ENT), Aruba Networks Certifications or Palo Alto Networks Certifications.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.