Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of healthcare through virtual medical imaging and hospital-based applications, and is looking to expand its team.
As a Program Manager for Mixed Reality (MR) Surgical applications, you will be responsible for working closely with the broader MR Surgical team and cross-functional teams throughout the company to successfully lead and execute programs. You will drive decisions related to program schedules, resources, scope, quality, and risks to continually develop Magic Leap’s internal healthcare product portfolio. You will also be expected to be a team player & strong communicator – working together within a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, hardware engineers, business stakeholders, and clinical experts.
- Transform high level product management visions into comprehensive, executable program plans.
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering programs/projects within Healthcare team from inception to release.
- Manage scope/resource/schedule/quality decisions and associated trade-offs
- Proactively identify potential issues and risks, and propose solutions.
- Provide Program management leadership to multiple engineering teams of various disciplines (e.g., software, hardware, cloud, data, security, privacy).
- Manage product features, requirement analysis, technology selection, architecture activities.
- Drive design control activities and deliverables.
- Plan, prioritize, & drive implementation tasks for features, defects, projects and releases
- Work with content application/content developers and development communities
- Work with internal (e.g., engineering, manufacturing teams for consumer product) and external (e.g., 2nd/3rd party partners) organizations to manage interdependencies and to develop and integrate innovative solutions
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and coordination of program staff
- Manage program budgets and resource allocation
- Consistently develop and use metrics to ensure the quality of all program deliverables
- Present executive summary reports showing program progress and issues to senior management and all stakeholders
- 5+ years experience working in medical device industry leading programs/projects from inception to release
- Track record of creative problem solving, and successfully delivering programs within defined constraints
- Well versed and experienced working with FDA/EU requirements for medical device development
- Extensive experience in HW, SW, and System product development, including consumer electronics, sensors, and complex systems
- Experience in Graphics and Computer Vision, enterprise cloud solutions, and/or with AR/VR is a great plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including presentation to large audiences
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining good working relationships with peers, management, and program team members throughout the organization, and holding team members accountable for commitments without solid line reporting authority
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical discipline
- PMP Certification & Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.