Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards and gurus from the field of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, sales and user experience. We are on a mission and this is your opportunity to play a role. As part of our People team, you can help shape how we harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world.
The Chief of Staff, People Operations position is responsible for supporting daily operations as well as strategic initiatives across all business units. The ideal candidate will serve as a go-to resource to management and Business Partners on Talent related issues.
- Responsible for driving to completion projects on behalf of SVP of People and coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Manage weekly meetings with respective business units and HR Business Partners
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies and support HR Business Partners
- Advisor to multiple constituents on project performance and ongoing targets
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Assess inquiries directed to the SVP, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success
- Drive alignment around setting strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress
- Partner within and outside the People Team to lead complex People initiatives; operating at the strategic and tactical level to design optimal workflows, ensure appropriate resourcing and align internal processes
- Manage the change management of large scale initiatives and programs, ensuring the right audiences receive the right information at the right time
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from migrating to new People systems to building the People strategy for location expansion
- Manage the quarterly strategic planning process for the People Team
- A minimum of 4+ years experience in a combination of management consulting, operations, strategy, consulting or an equivalent field.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives.
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Demonstrable experience with metrics and data modeling
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or MBA preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.