Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Director, Direct Marketing will be responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive direct marketing program for Magic Leap as well as preparing and executing a detailed operating plan and calendar each fiscal year utilizing a multi-channel marketing approach (direct mail, email, social, and digital) to achieve goals.
- Lead the strategy and oversee creation of compelling direct marketing campaigns, integrated plans and solutions.
- Analyze, plan and execute external direct marketing activities and strategies
- Create campaign briefs, drafts, presentations, ROI models, customer case studies, competitive research, and general market knowledge
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies across traditional and digital mediums, leveraging each platform’s unique strengths for optimal performance
- Work with CMO and head of media strategy to distribute of relevant, compelling content through appropriate channels
- Conduct and interpret research, analyze market and consumer data; capitalize on marketing trends, constantly striving to improve targeting, acquisition and retention methods
- Support data-driven direct marketing strategies by developing benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness programs
- Meet target objectives in a timely and effective manner leading with new marketing strategies and programs
- Help drive growth and evolution with key internal and/or external stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships and drive collaboration on direct marketing programs, specifically between marketing and industry vertical leads
- Serve as a brand champion, maintaining brand standards and refining and promoting the brand to internal and external stakeholders
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Direct Marketing, Business Marketing and Strategic Development
- AR/VR industry experience is a plus
- Successful track record of managing multiple concurrent projects involving varying priorities and competing deadlines
- Documented experience in developing compelling campaigns, market research, statistical analysis, segmentation, and predictive modeling
- Proven ability to lead a fast-paced, results-oriented marketing organization while ensuring accountability for meeting ongoing company objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly to complex and occasionally ambiguous situations using advanced problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented experience directing and managing messages across traditional and digital media
- Ability to establish productive, ongoing relationships with a variety of other contributors including management, team members, clients and vendors
- Relentless professional curiosity and an eagerness to try new things, to drive creativity, and to find inventive solutions for everyday problems
- A clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Comfort with changes in a fast-paced start-up environment
- BS/BA degree in marketing (or related field) from an accredited college or university, MBA or Masters preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.