As an E-Commerce Software Engineer for Magic Leap’s Lifestream team you will have responsibility for the planning and development of our Lifestream E-Commerce solution in support of the implementation of our Lifestream business function and how it integrates within our product portfolio.
- Build and maintain E-commerce platforms and administer changes to user interface and/or back-end data architecture database
- Design and develop new functionality enhancements for E-Commerce web sites working closely with Lifestream and Product teams
- Identify and resolve systems issues across multiple platforms
- Perform quality assurance tests and ascertain the cause of the problem when performance is not meeting standards – Execute solutions
- Stay current on emerging technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects
- Troubleshoot and improve upon website functionality
- Perform updates and maintenance on high volume ecommerce website and servers
- Assist in troubleshooting E-Commerce EDI issues with partner sites
- Payment gateway and processor maintenance
- Participate in marketing strategy meetings
- Provide insight and analysis of conversions, traffic, average order value and key word rankings with actionable
- Work closely within a cross-functional team of Front-end Engineers, Designers, Product Managers, and Analysts to develop high-quality technical solutions impacting our customers and business
- Build new features on top of existing tools and systems to continually improve our customers' web experience
- Support the design, development, and deployment of back-end features for our e-commerce technology systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with e-commerce platforms
- Asynchronous API server in Java for the selection of ad according to the targeted audience and concurrent bids
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques and with performance analysis
- Experience with real-time data processing engines, and low latency systems is preferred
- Solid understanding of GitHub and open source development culture in general.
- Experience with e-commerce a huge-plus
- A passion for all things Web, including but not limited to, managing applications in the cloud, building and maintaining RESTful APIs, database design, development and maintenance, performance, analytics and monitoring.
- Experience building real-time data pipelines using Kafka.
- Experience with large scale data processing using Hadoop/Spark.
- Experience in Cassandra and Couchbase.
- Experience with Functional Programming.
- Experience with Scala, Clojure, Go
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, equivalent experience may be substituted
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.