Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing. Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
The role of the Senior Business Intelligence Developer is to provide subject matter expertise in BI solutions for one or more business domains through design and development of actionable analytical products. The primary focus for this role will involve taking complex business and functional requirements from concept to solution development and deployment. This role is a master at providing data visualizations and reporting that leads to business insights.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for Business Intelligence.
- Oversee all historical report, dashboard, and information artifact development.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals.
- Develop and maintain the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI solution.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Experience evaluating and implanting new business intelligence solutions as needed to meet business objectives.
- Expert in the art of storytelling to combine analytical findings.
- Ability to differentiate operational, tactical and strategic reporting needs and implement appropriate reporting solution.
- Advanced knowledge of visualization best practice.
- Advanced knowledge of relational and dimensional models.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with business intelligence tools: Tableau, Looker, Superset, Qlikview, Alteryx etc.,
- Strong, hands-on experience of SQL.
- Experience troubleshooting end user issues to ensuring quality of reports and visualizations.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of ETL/ELT and data warehouse design concepts is a plus.
- Experience with scripting language such as Python is a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytics technology and platforms is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another quantitative field with 5+ years of experience in a business intelligence developer role, or equivalent experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.