Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As Senior Innovation Engineer you love to prototype new ideas; from Computer Vision to AI and UX in many sectors and scenarios. You are motivated and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. For this role, you will be working on a small team called IPL. The Imagination Propulsion Laboratory has been formed to be a small group of experienced and visionary thinkers that will envision (conceive, simulate, proof, moonshot) mid to far future spatial computing scenarios. You will develop tools and workflows to envision the Magicverse platform. You must have expert C++ skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products on mobile, desktop and VR platforms. Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills, as well as experience working with games software or similar real time systems is a must. You must be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction. You are passionate about Mixed Reality’s role in the future of computing and are ready and eager for the challenges involved in creating an XR spatial computing platform.
- Design, implement, optimize and debug software tools and systems
- Design, implement, optimize and debug the IPL visualization platform for envisioning the Magicverse
- Work within a small team to deliver high-quality XR spatial computing proofs
- R&D with latest tools and technologies, with a focus on 5G, copresence, secure transactions, AR cloud, persistence, IOT, AI, XR cross platform interfaces
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Mentor junior engineers and give constructive feedback
- Strong focus on platform architecture and design
- Assist in the creation and promotion of case studies, including learnings and POV on technologies used, market readiness, and evolution opportunities.
- 8+ years of professional experience building interactive experiences in gaming or real-time 3D technologies
- Strong C++ experience
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong creative and UX elements reflected in approach and prototypes
- Deep understanding of established programming design patterns
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Experience working with Virtual and Augmented Reality technologies
- Experience working with simulation engines either created or using established tools like Houdini
- Computer Vision experience
- In depth understanding of both Unity and Unreal Engines
- Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.