Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards and gurus from the field of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, sales and user experience. We are on a mission and this is your opportunity to play a role. As part of our Sales team, we will leverage the Magic Leap One to harmonize people with their technology and create a better more unified world.
The Director of Sales, Reseller Channel, actively promotes the sales of MAGIC LEAP solutions across multiple locations in the Magic Leap section of Consumer Electronic (CE) and Carrier store locations. Through their strong sales, service and product knowledge, the Director of Sales actively represents the culture of excellence and leads the Area Sales Manager (ASM) team. The Director of Sales excels in working with virtual teams in all their store locations to develop them as Magic Leap Brand Champions and deliver all the key metrics for success at their store.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Consumer Sales, the Director of Sales, Reseller Channel, will have responsibilities in four areas, namely Retail Sales & Service, Merchandising and Brand representation, Training/Coaching and Business Management.
Retail Sales & Service
- Manage a geographical sales territory, planning regular call cycles for all unassisted and in-line partner stores and reporting activity to Senior Director Reseller Programs on a weekly basis.
- Meet the sales, service and attach rate goals set for the store locations and in most cases aggressively beat these goals, ensuring individual and store results exceed other locations.
- Maintain high levels of customer service, satisfaction and integrity and minimize dissatisfaction and returned product volumes.
- Develop a strong working relationship, team-work and sense of mutual respect with in-store manager and members of the virtual team.
- Implement and deliver Magic Leap directed initiatives and leverage Magic Leap strategies and programs.
- Ensure store staff are well briefed on new Magic Leap products and promotions.
Merchandising & Brand Representation
- Ensure that Magic Leap product merchandising is always up to standard and updated as required to meet brand, product and segment specific information and promotions.
- Ensuring the store is merchandised and Magic Leap products are displayed in accordance to the Magic Leap merchandising guideline specific to the Magic Leap branded fixture located in store.
- Always represent the Magic Leap brand to the highest level.
- Proactively intake, monitor, and measure customer feedback, along with inspection of each partner retail location within your regional territory.
- Represent the voice of the consumer to inform improvements to experience and product offerings.
Training & Coaching
- Schedule regular training sessions at all unassisted and in-line stores on Magic Leap product for virtual teams.
- Maintain an excellent sales, product and service knowledge at all times in order to deliver the best customer solution; use this knowledge to cross-train virtual team members.
- Aim to be a guru and leader in an area of specialization and become a peer leader for the region.
- Assist with in-store training presentations to educate customers on the latest in innovation and total solutions; deliver in-store seminars on Magic Leap specific products and solutions.
- Coach, train and develop staff members within the assigned location to advocate the features and benefits of Magic Leap’s products and services. Develop skill-sets and behaviors which will allow them to bring these to life in a sales interaction with customers on a daily basis.
- Maintain regular contact with Magic Leap Operations to ensure smooth order and delivery process.
- Arrange sales meetings with store managers to discuss inventory levels and restocking requirements as per planned call cycle activity.
- Arrange and conduct Quarterly Reviews with Store/Area/Regional management to discuss the performance of the store and the plans for growth in future quarters.
The Director of Sales will be expected to demonstrate the following Magic Leap values:
- Ability to work well in groups and without routine direct supervision.
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- Deliver more than the customer expects.
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- 5+ years’ experience in indirect or retail channel sales, managing partner relations and driving sales to attain revenue objectives.
- Proven track record in the delivery of aggressive growth targets.
- Successful background in leading and managing teams across multiple store locations.
- Aggressive focus on goals and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills coupled with exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Direct experience with product merchandising including executing to store planogram.
- Familiarity with the mobile and computing technology platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Experience and Understanding of asset inventory management, store operations and logistics.
- Ability and willingness to spend 70-80% visiting stores and 20% working in Plantation, FL headquarters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of indirect or retail sales management experience, or equivalent work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.