Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are seeking a technical Program Manager, Core Platforms, to manage product activities on large-scale programs. The technical Program Manager will handle the heavy lifting of making sure that product pods are run efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for identifying the stakeholders, driving teams to set product roadmaps and strategies for the product, driving delivery, reporting status, and holding the bar on quality of deliverables. TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps between product and technical teams. You will need to work with many teams in different domains: engineers, engineering managers, product managers, dev support teams, sales, operations, and customer support teams to deliver product features to market successfully.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven, have excellent problem-solving abilities, have strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. . You will have a deep understanding of product operations and the product life cycle. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, drive secure and robust solutions and produce high quality products to delight our customers. We are looking for leaders with proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the quality.
- Own planning and delivery of product definition of device features
- Manage cross-team dependencies, risks, and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
- Drive product decisions, and timelines across your team
- Establish business processes and policies, as well as metrics and indicators for success
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
7+ years’ experience in technical program management
- Experience coordinating cross-functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
- Experience building agile processes and managing release schedules
- Experience managing initiatives
- Technical program management experience in embedded systems, web services, IoT, consumer electronics or related field
- Experience in working with Android application development teams
- Experience with speech-related hardware systems
- Experience managing multiple, fast-paced initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Advanced technical degree or MBA
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.