The Manager, Marketing Intelligence manages and oversees marketing analytics, intelligence and reports to provide accurate and timely market and competitor information for strategic and operational decisions for the Marketing Department and organization. They will leverage internal business intelligence sources and external 3rd party market research to provide insights and KPI tracking to ensure the success of the marketing department.
The priority of this role is to conduct research and analysis around macro competitive information, brand performance, ad-hoc modeling and forecasting. This role identifies emerging opportunities, validates and supports marketing plans, campaigns, product launches and strategic initiatives including market segmentation, market strategy planning, market entry & expansion etc.
- Identifying and collecting market and competitor data
- Presents findings to CMO and leadership teams
- Performs macro trends analysis, industry/category assessment, social media insights
- Aggregating data while analyzing the empirical impact for marketing and the organization
- Proactively producing/developing marketing intelligence reports and insights
- Reports on monthly/quarterly Marketing KPIs and metrics
- Understanding industry data, overall standard marketing metrics and tracking campaign performance
- Provide insights through presentations and reports to senior management to allow effective strategic decision-making and implementation
- Create and update industry and competitor data models including but not limited to market share and growth projections trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify emerging needs and business challenges
- Ability to articulate data and insights and provide an overall “picture”
- Work with the marketing team to develop and track the appropriate KPIs
- Developing and monitoring marketing’s scorecard/dashboard to measure success for each marketing discipline tied to key objectives/KPIs
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing analysis, marketing intelligence, business strategy or consulting role
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent (MBA preferred).
- Experience in analyzing the integrity of a diverse set of data sources
- Ability to build data source architecture, finding overlaps in sources and choosing the best research and reporting methods and tools (agencies, software, integrations, etc.)
- Experience conducting and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable with complex Excel formulas and formatting.
- Ability to multi-task and set proper expectations for external team members in terms of timelines and deliverables
- Has a solutions-oriented mentality and able to think creatively to solve complex problems
- Able to turn data into marketing intelligence and consult on marketing strategy, initiatives and campaigns
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or equivalent
- MBA is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.