The Solutions Analyst, Business Engagement - Supply Chain will serve as an organizational change agent by defining needs and prescribing solutions that deliver value to our key stakeholders across Supply Chain capabilities, including but not limited to: Engineering, Manufacturing, Forward / Reverse Logistics, Procure to Pay (P2P), Warehousing, Inventory Management, etc. This individual will be responsible for driving our end-to-end business analysis framework, including, but not limited to the following:
- Elicitation / Discovery – Discovering the underlying business need to be addressed and information related to the product and project requirements, often through conversations with stakeholders or assessment of company objectives and key results;
- Analyzing Requirements – Organizing, specifying and modeling the requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous;
- Specifying Requirements – Documenting the requirements in a format that can be shared with stakeholders and delivery teams;
- Validating and Verifying Requirements – Ensuring the requirements map to the real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards.
- Performing other activities such as planning the business analysis activities, managing requirements, manage the project, test the solution, or write code.
Additionally, this individual will shape business demand into supply by: 1.) partnering with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans; 2.) ensuring value optimization and communication; and 3.) enabling continuous improvement in all areas and people around them.
- Understanding business needs as they relate to a potential change or transformation;
- Identifying, prescribing and documenting business requirements;
- Serving as translator of business needs to technical support teams and technical jargon to simple business language;
- Simplifying requirements, so they are easily understood across the team/organization;
- Modelling and improving business processes;
- Identifying cost optimization opportunities and executing to realize identified value;
- Implementing, testing and deploying solutions to business problems;
- Driving business transformation and serving as change agent to drive solution adoption;
- Creating functional specifications for new systems and processes;
- Acting as an advisor to leadership, executive teams and the broader organization;
- Synthesizing multi-year roadmaps into solutions that meet business needs;
- Partner with the Business Transformation and Optimization team (BOTs) to execute business analysis framework;
- Partner with the project/program/portfolio management organization to ensure a healthy and well-managed initiative portfolio;
- Focus on business value rather than solutions to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements;
- Build and manage the relationship team to ensure convergence and strategic partnering with the business partner team;
- Correlate business value and priorities to planning activities and goal-setting;
- Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and business needs;
- Evaluate joint initiatives as they relate to corporate strategy to ensure convergence and opportunities for measurable success;
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business unit and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically;
- Ensure business value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value;
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk;
- Educate business partners about processes, roles, and capabilities;
- Establish communication processes and channels across business functions.
- Measure and communicate business value realized with the business partner on a periodic basis.
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) preferred
- Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM) preferred
- Master of Business Relationship Management (MBRM) a plus
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
- 10+ years of functional experience in the business function
- 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
- Expertise in optimizing supply chain capabilities, with a demonstrated track record of delivering
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Expertise in supply chain enabling technologies, including SAP, Ariba, BPM, RPA, MES, CAD, etc.
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Ability to write specification documents for stakeholders (business and technical teams)
- Ability to lead the testing process on behalf of the business; manage test scripts, drive automation, etc.
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Knowing when to push an agenda and when to let a situation develop, rest, or advance
- Ability and comfort with working at executive levels
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes at executive levels
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Setting the standard for business management
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others on the Business Engagement team and all around you;
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to focus on business value results, rather than solutions
- Technical aptitude, requirements management, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables
- Must have and maintain credibility with the business community
- Must demonstrate acumen in business and function disciplines
- Understand and integrate business strategies and trends in technology to deliver value
- Be able to influence others, using personal rather than positional power
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting
- An outside-in focus
- Outstanding end customer/consumer relationship skills
- Solid understanding of IT, HR, and finance assets and capabilities
- Be able to identify gaps and areas that need improvement
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
- BA/BS in related field required.
- MBA or related qualification preferred.
- Graduate degree or progressive educational certificate preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.