Magic Leap is seeking an energetic and dynamic Project Manager for information technology and enterprise systems projects. The core expectation is to manage end-to-end project deliverables within agreed scope, budget & schedule, coordinating activities with all the contributing departments and often with external vendors. The PM will be a strong and respected leader with a reputation for getting things done and will ensure proper project documentation and methodologies are followed and escalates issues internally and externally to meet deliverables and reporting status of deliverables.
- Drives complex technology projects and programs to achieve targeted and measured business goals and key objectives.
- Manages multiple/large projects with complex inter-dependencies.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals are achieved (e.g., deadline, scope, budget, quality, vendor dependency, security). Develops and documents mitigation and resolution strategies. Communicates issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution; implement corrective actions and resolve conflicts.
- Manages and coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client and vendor/subcontractor’s organizations as needed to meet project’s goals and ensure project completion is on schedule.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project’s acceptance. Handover documentation and ongoing activities to client and complete post-implementation reviews to identify areas of improvement.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Maintains excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues in a timely reporting of status.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within an organization.
- Demonstrates expertise in managing and influencing people, processes and people management skills.
- Facilitates meetings and coordinates teams in different locations, different time zones, etc.
- Meet regularly with core team to synchronize and track progress, document task updates and discuss corrective actions
- Prepare concise status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends related to schedule, budget or scope
- 5+ years of experience with project management methodologies, techniques and tools and their application to projects in information technology and enterprise systems.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities, while maintaining focus on critical deadlines to successful project completion.
- Project management experience in a focused area of information technology or information systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
- Ability to apply logical thinking to a wide range of technical problems
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications
- A team player with great collaboration skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence decisions and actions in other teams
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum methodologies
- Proficient in multiple project management tools
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills, good attention to detail, and ability to follow issues through resolution
- 35% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Master’s degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.