Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is redefining the way that people interact with technology through Spatial Computing. We are seeking a Lead Product Designer with a burning passion for a new medium beyond screens to help us build the future of commerce in spatial computing with Magic Leap World (Magic Leap’s application and experience store). You will get to collaborate with some of the best product designers, brand designers and engineers to deliver a superior product to our consumers. In this role, you will be working alongside 3D engineers and prototypers at the forefront of creating new paradigms and interactions and pushing the limits of how people interact with technology. This is a unique opportunity to help shape our future and to push yourself creatively.
- Design intuitive and engaging user interfaces for use in a 3D medium
- Lead end-to-end design for Magic Leap World, including brainstorm sessions, wireframing and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and build interactive prototype experiences within Unity and work closely with engineers to implement into production
- Effectively communicate ideas, opportunities and detail interactions to team members, stakeholders as well as the growing Magic Leap developer community
- Work with UX research team to interpret qualitative and quantitative data into actionable design
- Work in collaboration with key project team members including engineering teams, product management, research and creative leads
- Act as a mentor and leader for junior and mid-level product designers
- 8+ years of relevant professional and creative experience in UX, interaction, visual design, and 3D game design
- A strong portfolio, showcasing a minimum of three shipped products
- Experience designing VR/AR experiences in Unity, Unreal or similar engine
- Experience in interaction and visual design, concept generation, interaction models definition, user flows and design specs
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player capable of working well with others and leveraging other people’s skills and strengths to deliver a stellar product
- Systematic thinking and a desire to design and prototype solutions in order to fail fast and learn quickly
- Ability to rapidly generate compelling, relevant graphics, icons and interfaces, and to design in a range of styles
- Interest in technology and curiosity around the future of computing and experience platforms
- Be able to think and design beyond screens. Any experience designing physical spaces, architecture, or 3d-based mediums is a plus.
- Experience designing transactional flows, digital storefronts, or other ecommerce solutions
- Experience with Maya, 3ds Max, Blender or other equivalent 3D software
- Motion design skills a plus
- Experience with game engines and real-time rendering workflow
- Experience sharing design process through articles and tutorials for a developer audience
- Experience creating 3D environments
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Design, UX or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.