Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Manager, MCO&I Program Management responsible for leading and managing programs, and projects connected to our mission control operations. As the Senior Manager you will work closely with the Senior Director, MCO&I Program Management and VP of MCO&I on company initiatives in a non-departmental manner to assure the overall delivery of company objectives. You will be required to work closely with all members of the Executive Leadership Team (XLT) and the overall Leadership Team (LT) to overcome any and all obstacles assure alignment along approved programs, projects, and company operations. Program responsibility will encompass the entire life cycle of the program including planning, execution, delivery, installation, certification, and support. This position will shared the responsibility of creating an infrastructure, systems for projects to be inserted and returned between MCO&I core as well as the Office of the CEO.
- Implementing efficiencies to enable delivery teams to focus on MCO&I core operations and the Office of the CEO as directed by the CEO
- Manage the day-to-day operational responsibilities of Magic Leap’s Mission Control Operations Program (MCO&I) and provides the CEO with a timely and accurate view across the entire company’s business units, critical paths, products, technologies, programs, projects, operational infrastructures, and partnerships
- Build an ‘integrated data circuit’ of all program and project plans, data, and information across all departments in Magic Leap (e.g. an MCO&I tracking number required for all projects and required before any funds are allocated)
- Provides daily summary of an MCO&I Dashboard to the VP, MCO&I & I, including key upcoming needed decisions, project status, and other critical company system information
- Does not manage a functional department, but works to assure program objectives, and company objectives are achieved between all functional departments and program/project teams
- Develop cross-functional ML future leaders for short and long-term company growth
- Work within overall Magic 7 values and company performance/behavior expectations.
- 7+ years of Project Management experience in a technical environment
- Minimum 3 years Managerial or Program Manager /Product Management experience
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR field as a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to explain complex subject matter in simple but accurate terms
- Ability to work under pressure with aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communication succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with software development tools such as JIRA and the Agile development process
- MS degree in an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or related fields
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.