Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As Senior Director, MCO&I, Vision, Strategy, Technology & Experience, you will have responsibility for the vision, product and experience charted program, project, and productions to the MCO&I initiatives for delivery assurance. This position will develop and lead cross-functional ML future leaders for short and long-term company growth. As Senior Director, you will be a master multitasker as you own the vision, strategy, technology and experience roadmap, continuously measuring performance and optimization for key success with a timely and accurate view of objectives, timelines, and status across the Vision vertical. You will provide clear business and technical requirements, partnering closely with the CEO in a non-departmental manner to assure the overall delivery of company objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operational responsibilities of Magic Leap’s Mission Control Operations Program (MCO&I) for the Vision, product and experience vertical and provides the VP of MCO&I with a timely and accurate view at all stages.
- Build an ‘integrated data circuit’ of all program and project plans, data, and information across all things Vision, Product and experience (e.g. an MCO&I tracking number required for all projects and required before any funds are allocated)
- Ensures CEO dashboards are updated with relevant information related to Vision, Product and Experience
- Works closely with VP MCO&I and relevant Leadership Team members to overcome any and all obstacles assure alignment along approved programs, projects, and company operations
- Does not manage a functional department, but works to assure program objectives, and company objectives are achieved between all functional departments and program/project teams
- 15+ years of relevant and progressive experience in a management role and/or high-tech consumer electronics product quality engineering or manufacturing roles.
- 10+ years’ experience in developing and leading teams
- Ability to refine processes and build programs to scale
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR field a plus
- Ability to lead through influence and work with counterparts across the organization to create synergy, effectiveness, and provide strategies that are complementary to brand objectives
- Exceptional project management & leadership skills; takes initiative and makes things happen.
- Strong analytical skills with financial and business acumen
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills. Able to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Must be self-starter and able to take projects from concept to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Engineering. MBA or related
- Master’s degree, preferably from a top-tier program
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.