Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Magic Leap, Inc. intellectual property team is looking for a Patent Agent among a team of engineers, technology specialists, agents and attorneys to assist in patent portfolio growth and innovation capture in-house. As a Patent Agent working on the Legal/Intellectual property team, you will be empowered and encouraged to do your best work by contributing to providing proficient, business-minded intellectual property services. The position requires attention to detail, a cooperative attitude, computer mastery, strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent organizational skills. The successful candidate must be skilled at performing job responsibilities with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Effectively communicate with IP associates, business units (e.g., management, R&D) involving conducting invention disclosure interviews, advising on patentability of disclosed inventions, preparing patent applications, coordinating outside counsel on patent filings, and prosecuting patents to allowance.
- Manage and provide detailed foreign filing and prosecution instructions and drafts to include office action responses, and PCT application preparation.
- Administer and maintain dockets for patents and other types of licenses and IP projects in association with the organizations process.
- Monitor, inform and follow up on all due dates by creating, organizing, and patent files; serving as the document retention coordinator for Intellectual Property Group.
- Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience as a registered agent (having written at least twenty applications) and/or experience as an engineer
- PTAB experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on writing ability
- Complex problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of USPTO patent procedures; familiarity with those of the EPO, JPO, SIPO, and KIPO.
- Flexibility with travel among the various offices
- Experience working among large teams with various experience
- The patent agent will be comfortable with a broad range of technologies, but preference will be given to experience and education in physics, material sciences, and computer science (computer vision more specifically).
- BS degree in engineering, with a preference for physics or mechanical engineering degrees
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.