Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Lead Software Developer in Test responsible for driving aspects of the validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position includes being able to assist in the test development and execution of our software platform, as well as the debug and resolution of issues from both a software and system perspective. Looking for diverse candidates able to cover multiple disciplines across our product that includes computer vision, connectivity, middleware services (lifecycle, etc), and the core part (kernel) of our OS.
- Lead tasks / projects and drive them to completion that includes being able to report status, obstacles, and risk mitigations
- Versatile and able to participate in the develop and execute test cases across the entire product that covers multiple disciplines
- Analyze various components of our software platform and overall system, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs and look at code changes to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Continuous improvement of our overall test coverage and processes that will allow us to improve the quality of our software as we increase our test proficiency
- Work hand-in-hand with team members, program managers, developers, and key stakeholders
- 12+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 7 of those years having an emphasis on test
- 2+ years with leading or managing small projects or tasks
- Expertise with using Linux OS
- Knowledgeable in C#, C++, or shell scripts
- Excellent oral, written communication and effective presentation skills along with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Thorough understanding of all test fundamentals, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), test management tools, and defect tracking tools
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.