Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a multi-talented 3D modeler and visual artist to visually articulate the potential of the worldwide web, re-imagined in mixed reality.
This innovative designer will blend artistic expertise and technical ability to create leading edge web content that showcases the potential of the web in 3D to a wide audience of brands, developers, and web enthusiasts. In addition to helping create original content for Magic Leap channels, s/he will also support top-tier partners, helping high profile partner brands tell their own stories through cutting edge mixed reality web experiences.
The ideal candidate has experience modeling, texturing and animating characters and assets for real time rendering in both a stylized and realistic world. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential.
This is a strategic design role, requiring both an experimental mindset and the ability to translate business objectives into exciting web experiences. Working closely with Product, Engineering, and Developer Relations teams, this role will be key to defining the mixed reality future of the web. Candidates should be excited to solve next-generation design problems, and have strong creative and communication skills.
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying for this position.
- Collaborating effectively with a team of artists and programmers to offer creative solutions to both art and design challenges
- Producing concept sketches and quick edits to communicate artistic concepts with the team
- Creating high-quality 3D and 2D assets to meet fast paced deadlines
- At least 1-3 Years prior experience in a relevant position
- Online art portfolio (required)
- Art degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- High level of proficiency using Maya, Zbrush, Unity and other 3D applications to create and animate fun and stylized characters/assets and environments.
- Understanding of animation principles and foundations
- Well-versed in Photoshop
- Experience in HTML and web design a plus
Any of the following are a plus:
- Experience in real time rendering techniques for games and apps
- Proven ability to sculpt stylized assets or characters in Zbrush
- An understanding of web technologies
- Strong talent in illustration and drawing
- Possess strong composition, color, and design, typography and layout skills
- Experience in video editing and compositing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.