Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of consumer well-being, diagnostics, and digital therapeutics, and is looking to expand its team.
As Senior Embedded Algorithm Engineer (Digital Health), you will be responsible for designing and developing high-performance production software with state-of-the-art user sensing and biomedical algorithms. Your code will be part of the foundations of our spatial computing platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come. Great ingenuity is required, as this must be done under tight power and size constraints. A wide variety of sensors, cameras, and other components will be at your disposal. You will use your expertise to conduct experiments, develop algorithms, and perform analysis to help design the best user sensing and biomedical systems for our products.
- Perform trade-off study to choose appropriate algorithms based on deep understanding of embedded platform
- Research and prototype embedded biomedical algorithms for real-time user sensing and take advantage of novel sensor choices and configurations
- Mature prototype algorithms to product-worthy features
- Interact with clinical, software, and applications teams to develop novel biomedical algorithms for sensing of health and wellness indicators following medical device and HIPAA design controls
- Drive and participate in strategic discussions around sensor architecture and prototype algorithms arising from creative combinations of sensors
- Pro-actively gather requirements and constraints from cross-disciplinary teams, understand alternatives, design and evaluate algorithms incorporating these nuances
- Define clinically relevant metrics for algorithm performance, and design robust, partially automated experiments to obtain quantitative data against these metrics on an ongoing basis
- Push the boundaries of accuracy, robustness, and other performance indicators for a variety of sensing systems with best possible architectural and algorithmic design to achieve clinical value
- Document, organize, and disseminate information about specifications, performance, alternate possibilities, and strategy
- 7+ years of industry experience as software developer
- 7+ years of strong, proven fluency in C/C++
- Ability to excel throughout the entire development cycle under medical device design controls: problem definition, research stages, algorithm design, implementation, and productization
- Strong experience for developing on mobile or embedded platforms
- Strong experience with control systems, computer vision, biomedical engineering, deep learning algorithms and development
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A working knowledge of statistics for data characterization and hypothesis testing
- Experience working in medical device regulated (FDA, MDD, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity) industry
- Experience with electronic development and test equipment (debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in implementation of software development and data analysis for health and wellness a plus
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS, Ph.D. preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.