Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of consumer well-being, diagnostics, and digital therapeutics, and is looking to expand its team.
As a Lead Digital Health Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a cloud data platform designed to support Web-based and mobile healthcare applications. You will implement secure, highly scalable multi-tenant services for data ingestion, storage, visualization and export compliant with HIPAA, GDPR and other privacy and security standards. You will participate in the design of the system architecture and will provide deep technical expertise in cloud-based system implementation. You will interact closely with Magic Leap’s cloud and enterprise security teams to ensure that implemented solutions adhere to company standards and expectations.
- Manage an implementation team to develop production code while maintaining highest standards and practices of software development
- Develop, implement and maintain systems for data ingestion, storage, processing, and visualization under medical device and HIPAA design controls.
- Explore, research, prototype and develop cloud-based methods and algorithms for processing of clinically and biologically relevant biomarkers, and assess their feasibility
- Design and implement security methods for user and device authentication and authorization, as well as robust encryption and other security mechanisms
- Ensure that development is performed with clean, well-commented, and well-tested code that follows data governance policies
- Manage the development planning and prioritization for cloud software implementation
- Maintain Continuous Integration processes
- Create, champion and drive better metrics and monitoring initiatives to gain more insight into the behavior of our cloud-based healthcare applications and services
- Provide team status updates to project leaders
- 7+ years of experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in Go, Java, or C/C++
- 7+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- 4+ years of experience in health-related data management and particularly with design and management of HIPAA-compliant infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in the implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning methods
- Experience working in medical device regulated (FDA, MDD, HIPAA, GDPR) industry
- Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-in, and OAuth
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP) is a must
- Proficiency with Git
- Familiarity with Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to mentor others and resolve team issues with limited guidance
- Experience in parallel or distributed computational frameworks (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, etc) is a plus
- Experience with time-series databases such as InfluxDB or Timely is a plus
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python is a plus
- BA/BS in CS, EE or similar required. MS. in Computer Science or related preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.