Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of .creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of consumer well-being, diagnostics, and digital therapeutics, and is looking to expand its team
Seeking Ninjas, Jedi’s and Rock Stars who love to lead and implement healthcare and wellness applications and services for Mixed Reality. You are motivated and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment. The primary responsibility of this position is to architect and develop healthcare applications and drive the engineering effort to produce deliverables. Collaboration is key, you will participate in iteration planning and work with cross-team dependencies, from internal Magic Leap groups to external healthcare developers and partners. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Drive the technical vision and roadmap for robust, real-time healthcare and wellness applications
- Lead the implementation team from applied-research phase to production code while maintaining highest standards and practices of software development
- Design, develop, implement and maintain systems for medical applications including health data visualization under medical device and HIPAA design controls
- Interface with other software teams to ship features in expected quality to customers
- Collaborate with storytellers, designers, engineers, PMs, and Product leads to implement their specifications and deliver high-quality Mixed Reality content
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Create software, review code, write documentation following medical device design controls
- Develop rapid prototypes in the area of health and wellness with a strong focus on user experience and interface design
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Provide partners with technical support for their applications
- Work in fast pace, within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality content
- Lead small team of direct reports on software engineering initiatives
- Comfortable using multiple technologies (custom or off-shelf) to develop innovative solutions and experiences
- Provide mentoring to their assigned development team, and to the wider development community
- Strong experience implementing applications & services on mobile platforms.
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks and API’s.
- Very strong programming skills- Fluent in C/C++ (programming and debugging)
- Experience developing with game engines, particularly Unity, preferred
- Experience developing with scripting languages, particularly C# and Python, preferred
- Experience with OpenGL, OpenCV, and Shader programming a plus
- Experience with Production coding processes, including code management,
- Experience with VR/AR, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning preferred
- Strong Mobile Software Architecture knowledge.
- Strong experience working with UX Design.
- Strong experience leading engineers from concept to ship in agile environments
- Strong unit, functional and automated testing experience
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Strong preference of having shipped applications on an embedded product or having published applications on an App Store.
- Strong communication skills.
- HealthCare application development knowledge especially related to wellness and clinical applications highly desirable.
- 5+ years experience developing both regulated (FDA/MDD) and non-regulated (wellness) applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- MS Preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.