Essential Functions May Include:
- Develop and supervise the execution of facilities’ preventive and corrective maintenance plans to
- Ensure optimal performance keeping direct communication with the Facilities Manager and management staff for all changes that affects safety, product quality and / or operating conditions of the plant.
- Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures related to facilities maintenance to drive improvements, minimizing operating costs and reducing environmental impact.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of equipment installation standards, and the administration of electrical, pneumatic and thermal power distribution at the facility.
- Manage all activities related to building maintenance, housekeeping and food services assuring high standards.
- Responsible for the technical evaluation and contract administration of the suppliers of maintenance services.
- Schedule, assign priority, and follow up all work done by employees under their supervision to assure use of safe work practices and completion of assignment on schedule with a minimum interruption of production.
- Plan estimate costs and oversee physical moves or rearrangement of machinery and equipment according to prepared plant layouts. May layout and oversee relocation of or additions to plant services. May work closely with methods and plant layout personnel to provide consultative services in the preparation of plant layouts.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate maintenance to minimize downtime, unnecessary production costs and production delays, and to ensure good housekeeping. May assist operating departments in the disposition of problems arising from the operation, maintenance and installation of electrical, mechanical, gas or air systems. May operate a preventive maintenance program and maintenance cost records system.
- Maintain spare parts and material stock to facilitate maintenance work. May recommend purchases of equipment and materials needed to operate department effectively. May consult with vendors to keep informed of improvements in material and equipment.
- Participate in the activities related to the facility’s energy or environmental programs to ensure compliance with government rules and regulation, such as energy conservation and hazardous waste handling, storage and disposal.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience is required.
- 10 years of experience in quality in a technical field working with machine repair and general building maintenance.
- Must be capable of performing at a journeyman level in one of the following:
- BMS – Build Management System - maintain and modify facility systems/equipment through building software program.
- HVAC - Install, modify, repair and maintain the facility heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- GENERAL CONSTRUCTION - Perform carpentry work in remodeling the facility (i.e. framing, installing dry wall, installing doors).
- ELECTRICAL - Install, troubleshoot, balance, or repair the transformers, electrical motors, panel and other electrical units. Install the wiring, conduit, electrical equipment, fixtures and accessories installation.
- PLUMBING - install and repair the plant plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Make decisions in emergency situations
- Schedule and prioritize work effectively
- Comfortable spending the majority of the time in the factory environment with hands on approach
- Capable of being self-managed, prioritizing work and often formulating deadlines for activities and projects.
- Good communication skills. Position interacts with all levels in the organization from factory employees to legal, to corporate executives. In addition, position will interact with external parties including government officials as required.
- Experience supporting 500 plus associates on daily basis
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word/Project)
- Experience in CAD, preferred
- Associate degree or higher preferred but not required
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.