Magic Leap’s mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Magic Leap is a team of creatives and technologists building a personal, spatial computing platform that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds. Magic Leap’s healthcare team is changing the world of consumer well-being, diagnostics, and digital therapeutics, and is looking to expand its team.
Sitting at the intersection of Product, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Developer Relations, this critical individual will drive products in health and wellness by identifying and prioritizing mixed reality health and wellness technologies, driving their adoption, and creating plans to market and evangelize them. You will represent the needs of both health and wellness developers and consumers, stay atop the latest movements and trends within the competitive landscape, and disseminate subject matter expertise into an overall strategy and roadmap that spans across multiple departments. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of product and technical savvy traits, with the ability to own a long-term vision and translate said vision to specific set of SMART requirements which will serve as the foundation for initiating product development.
- Drives products by identifying potential market and user needs; conducts market research; generates product requirements; determines specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; develops marketing strategies
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information; Works with key opinion leaders and subject matter experts to determine market needs and technical solutions
- Develops product strategies and roadmaps to recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by analyzing current products on the market, validating technical and business viability, reviewing product specifications and requirements, assessing market competition, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Works cross-functionally with the Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Regulatory, Business Development, and Marketing teams supporting product requirements elicitation, management, translation between disciplines and customers, and documentation
- Interfaces with technical application experts, developers, UX designers, experience designers, etc. to convert use-cases into concrete product requirements
- Works with Business Development to partner with external partners and players to promote mixed reality applications in health and wellness; Manages relationships with key technology partners, manufacturers, healthcare providers, universities, and distribution channels.
- 1-2 years work experience in a start-up environment
- 2+ years work experience contributing to software launches in healthcare, engineering or project management
- 3-5 years work experience in medical device industry (preferably software based devices) preferred
- Experience working with health and wellness applications preferred
- Computer Skills: MS Office
- Experience in prototyping languages and statistical software (MATLAB, Simulink, Mathematica, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Experience in C++ and Unity 3D/Unreal gaming engine is a big plus
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Science or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.