Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Network Administrator manages, monitors and administers the core network infrastructure that supports our business systems and end users. The Network Administrator is responsible for the monitoring of critical systems and networking components to ensure the overall health and stability of the company infrastructure. In addition, the Network Administrator will support IT projects and initiatives, as well as on-going business needs.
In addition, assist the System Administrators with daily tasks and end users, machines deployment and provide full back up on site as needed.
- Assists with the configuration, installation and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points
- Troubleshoots network performance problems and isolates issues
- Performs data center and office cabling to support infrastructure changes
- Assists with planning for disaster recovery and redundancy initiatives
- Creates and ensures accuracy of documentation such as policies, procedures, diagrams, and manuals
- Monitors critical systems and components using a variety of monitoring tools
- Performs other support activities in support of the mission of the Information Technology Department. This includes the implementation of new technologies, as well as the maintenance and support of existing technologies
- Assists Network Engineers and more senior level network administration staff as needed. Works under the technical direction of senior level staff as needed
- Prioritize and schedule assigned support tickets and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or manager
- Provides On-Call after hours support as required
Required Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of networking and security systems, including developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing networking hardware, software, and related technologies
- Extensive working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Working knowledge of network services such as DHCP and DNS
- Enterprise routing and switching (layer 2 and layer 3) including:
- IEEE 802.1Q
- Switch Stacking technologies
- Dynamic routing protocols including but not limited to IS-IS, OSPF and BGP
- Configuration and maintenance of GRE and IPSec Tunnels
- Basic understanding of Data Center network design concepts
- Understanding of basic RF concepts
- Understanding of cabling technologies to include CAT6E, Single Mode and Multi-Mode fiber technologies.
- Design, configuration, and maintenance of Aruba wireless hardware
- Configuration and maintenance of Network Security devices to include but not limited to Juniper SRX, Palo Alto Firewalls
- Understanding of network management and performance monitoring systems and protocols to include SNMP, J-flow, S-Flow or Netflow
Additional Technical Skills
- Provides desktop support to users in a mixed Windows, Mac and Linux environment
- Performs system imaging, migrations, upgrades, rollbacks, and recoveries
- Administer security system access control, desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates, and patches.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study.
- 3- 5 years of experience in a large technical environment supporting LANs, WLANs, WANs, security, and related technologies
- Minimum of JNCIA/S, CCNA, or equivalent certification
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.