Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Test Engineer for system test development and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will focus on the test development and execution needed to validate the requirements of our graphics middleware component, as well as how its functions within our product.
- As a Test Engineer you will work under the direction of the test lead to perform quality assurance tasks such as the development of tests cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and execution of test plans. Testing will be done both at the API level and system level in order to perform functional and non-functional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our graphics deliverables
- Execute subjective testing and exploratory testing in different environments and scenarios to verify graphical improvements in areas that are specific to our technology (but often similar to VR)
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Develop scripts / samples were applicable on supported SDKs or native language to assist with the validation of requirements
- Perform regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes and document program defects in a bug tracking database
- As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of quality, own the bug process and recommend process improvements in a way that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 7+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on test
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Keen sense of observation for graphical defects
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Current game console generation and/or PC industry game QA experience is highly desired
- Familiarity with Unity and/or UE4 engines is highly desired
- Scripting knowledge of Python, C#, UE4 Blueprint, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills to root cause complex issues
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies. Must be a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.